You will be welcomed by volunteers to discuss your needs and prepare your food parcel.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
How you get help has changed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Our Foodbank centre is temporarily closed and how you get food and food vouchers has changed.
If you need food/a food voucher please call Citizens Advice Trafford on 0300 330 9073 (8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday). Select option 4 for Trafford
Please do not call our number for a voucher as we are not currently able to issue vouchers or food in the usual way.
Coming to foodbank
Please note – our centre is currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We know that crisis can strike anyone and we also understand how difficult it can be to think about walking through a foodbank door. That’s why our foodbank volunteers aim to welcome everyone who comes to the foodbank with compassion, kindness and a listening ear.
Meeting your needs
Your foodbank voucher will be exchanged for three days of emergency food. We want to make sure that we give you the right food to meet your needs, so please do let our volunteers know if you have any special dietary requirements or allergies, for example, gluten free, halal or vegetarian.
Preparing your food
Whilst your food parcel is being prepared, a volunteer will offer you a warm drink and a biscuit. They will also be available if you would like to have a chat. Your food parcel will be packed into supermarket carrier bags. If you prefer to bring your own bags those can be used instead. If you have a large family you may need to bring a buggy or arrange a lift with a friend.
Practical guidance and support
Foodbank volunteers take the time to listen and support you. They are specially trained to know about local services and offer practical guidance so that you have access to the right support, helping you to break out of crisis.
What people say about coming to foodbank
- “The volunteers at the foodbank were so lovely, they listened to me and made me feel human again. It was the first place I didn’t feel judged.”
- Stretford foodbank. Hi everyone , I just wanted to say what a lovely welcoming place you have there and the people so nice … I was so nervous about coming and never even knew food banks existed … Thank you so much for helping me and I am really hoping its very short term for me until I get on my feet again 🙂 🙂 . x
- I just want to send a huge thank you for the foodbank on Barton Rd. My family had never used a foodbank before today and it was desperation as we had no food in at all. As soon as I walked in we were welcomed with a friendly chat, hot drink and put at ease your staff were fantastic and I wanted to say a huge thank you for the generous food donation, I’ll sleep better tonight so thank you from all my family
- To All staff, Thank you for everything you did for me and my family, love Christine* and the girls. ps Thank you so much.
- To the lovely people from the foodbank! Thanks for your support during my difficult time. Carol*