If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.
The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.
In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation, we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis.
Agencies we work with include:
Citizens Advice- Trafford Tel 03444 889 662
Trafford Housing Trust – Support Officers Tel 0300 777 7777
Stretford Children’s Centre Tel 0161 912 5020
Health visitors, social services and some local charities are listed below.
1. Get in touch with us.
If you call or email our foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant local agency.
2. Arrange a visit to the referral agency.
This is the list of agencies signed up to work with the foodbank;
- 11/18 Early Intervention Hub
- Adactus Housing Group Ltd-03001111133
- AGE-UK Urmston- 0161 746 9752
- All Saints CofE Church-Stretford
- Barton Clough Pre-School
- Barton Clough Primary School
- British Red Cross-0161 888 8923
- Citizens Advice-Trafford. Sale Waterside-03444 889 662
- Community Mental Health Team
- Crystal Care Solutions Ltd
- Equity Housing Group-0161 486 7684
- Equity Housing Group (The Acacias) 0161 486 7716
- Flixton Girls School
- George House Trust- 0161 274 4499
- GMP Stretford- Front desk
- Gorse Hill Primary School
- Great Places Housing Group- Meadow Lodge Stretford-0161 865 2258
- Great Places Housing Group-Pomona Gardens Old Trafford-0161 772 1860
- Home Start -Trafford- Poplar Rd 0161 865 4222
- Housing Options Service Trafford ( H.O.S.T.)
- Johnie Johnson Housing Trust Wellington Hs Independent Living Scheme-0845 604 1095
- Manchester Credit Union-0161 368 0894
- Manchester South Central Foodbank
- Meadows Community Church – Salvation Army
- NHS Health Visitors – Old Trafford Team
- NHS Pennine Care CYPS -Cornhill Clinic
- NHS Pennine Care CYPS-P/ton HC
- North Area Family Support Team
- North Trafford Group Practice
- Old Trafford Wellbeing Centre
- Out There Supporting Families of Prisoners
- Pennine Care- Community Matrons
- Pennine NHS Trust
- Phoenix Futures
- Phoenix Futures Young People’s Service
- Relate-Greater Manchester South
- Royal British Legion
- School Health West-School Nursing Team
- St Ann’s RC Church-Stretford
- St Clement’s CofE Church-Urmston
- St Hilda’s CofE Church -Firswood
- St Matthew’s Church Hall -Stretford
- St Matthew’s CofE Church- Stretford
- St Matthew’s CofE Primary School -Stretford
- St Teresa’s RC Primary School -Firswood
- St. Michael’s-Flixton
- Standguide Ltd
- Stretford Children’s Centre & Early Help Hub
- Stretford Health Visiting Team
- Stronger Families
- The Probation Service-Stretford
- Threshold Housing Project
- TMBC Transitions Team (Leaving Care)
- Trafford Carers Centre
- Trafford Children in Care Service
- Trafford Christian Life Centre-Stretford
- Trafford Compass
- Trafford Connexions-TalkShop Sale
- Trafford CYPS
- Trafford CYPS (SCIPS)
- Trafford CYPS West
- Trafford Domestic Abuse Services
- Trafford Early Interventions Service-GMW Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Trafford Housing Trust Stretford Mall
- Trafford Review Team-Social Services
- Trafford Veterans
- Trafford- Multi Agency Referral Assessment Team
- Urmston Group Practice-Woodsend Flixton
- Victoria Park Junior School -Stretford
- Vine Court THT- Stretford
- Walking with the Wounded-Project Nova
- Women MATTA
- Your Housing Group
They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.
3. Bring your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre.
You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can. Most of our foodbank centres offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.
If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.